The liver is the body’s second largest organ, it weights about 2kgs, and plays a critical role in maintaining health & beauty tips. It produces bile, which is necessary for the breakdown of fats and for digestion. It detoxifies poisons that enter our bloodstream, such as nicotine, alcohol, pollution etc. and assists in elimination of these poisons from our system. The liver is also capable of re-generating itself (builds new cells) – up to 25% of the liver can be removed, and within a short time, it will grow back to its original size and shape!. The liver can become inflamed as a result of excessive consumption of alcohol, exposure to chemicals, overdoses of some drugs and by viral infections. If the liver is not functioning normally, toxins build-up in the system and bloodstream.
The four health tips basic reasons for poor liver function are:
1. The presence of cumulative poisons – insecticides, preservatives etc
2. An improper diet – high in fried foods, processed foods, junk foods, refined white flour products, white sugar products etc.
3. Overeating – this is probably the most common cause of liver malfunctioning. Overeating creates excess work for the liver, resulting in liver fatigue. When the liver is overworked, it may not detoxify harmful substances properly.
4. Drugs – drugs put a great strain on the liver as they are foreign and unnatural to the body. Again the liver has to work overtime to excrete these toxins. Alcohol is particularly bad for the liver.
Recommendations For Looking After Your LIVER
• Keep your colon clean. Toxins which accumulate in the liver must be excreted through the colon and kidneys.
• Do not use harsh laxatives to cleanse the system
• Do not take unnecessary drugs and only if prescribed by your doctor.
• Cut down or stop all alcohol.
• Do not smoke.
• Try to avoid most fats. Do not eat any of the following: butter, margarine, vegetable fats, cheese, potato chips and all refined or processed foods. These overwork and damage the liver.
Why Cleanse The Liver?
Everything we breathe, eat, drink and absorb though our skin is purified and detoxified in the liver. Environmental toxins and the effects of improper eating and lifestyle habits can build up in the liver therefore it is very important that if you are looking to cleanse your liver, the tonic that you take should include the following properties:
• an excellent cleanser and tonic for the liver.
• cleanses the bloodstream and increases the production of bile.
• stimulates the production of new liver cells
• lympathic cleanser
• has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
• a good diuretic that aids in the excretion of toxins.
• very effective in treating chronic skin conditions like psoriasis and exzema, and acne.
• acts as a blood purifier and cleanser and as a general tonic